Research & Publications

My Curriculum Vitae

Click here to view my academic credentials and experiences.

My Most Recent Scholarly Work

One of the editors of the flagship journal of the American Mathematical Society attended the 2023 panel listed in the next paragraph on metacognition; he believed it could serve as the foundation of a peer-reviewed article for the society’s monthly journal, the Notices.  I worked with the other panelists from Clark Atlanta University, Stanford University, University of California-Davis, and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to expand that conference session and to provide more theoretical foundation while grounding the article in practice of teaching.  The article “Metacognition in the Mathematics Classroom” was published in January 2024.

https://www.ams.org/journals/notices/202401/noti2843/noti2843.html?adat=January%202024&trk=2843&galt=none&cat=education&pdfissue=202401&pdffile=rnoti-p57.pdf&utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Informz%20Mailing&_zs=E4ftK1&_zl=l21K7

In January 2023, I was a panelist at the Joint National Meetings in Mathematics in Boston:  “Metacognition in the Mathematics Classroom.”  The panel was organized by Dr. Jennifer Schultens of the University of California at Davis on behalf of the Joint Committee on Women in Mathematics.  Professors do not apply to be panelists; instead, they are invited to participate.  I was invited to be a part of the panel with peers from Clark Atlanta University, Stanford University, University of California-Davis, and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

My Most Recent Civic Motivated Scholarly Work

As part of the NSF-funded grant “Engaging Mathematics,” I wrote a free college textbook chapter on the mathematics of voting and full supporting materials for students and faculty.

Great Ideas of Modern Mathematics: Voting Theory