Please see the following updates for this week on campus.
Campus Life Updates
Please see the following updates from areas of Campus Life.
The VirtualCare Group
As an Oglethorpe student, you have free, unlimited access to doctors and therapists, plus on-demand crisis counseling 24/7/365. This service is sponsored by your Student Government Association. To sign-up for this free service, please visit The VirtualCare Group
While the VirtualCare Group is on-boarding their psychiatric appointment process into their application, students are able to call The VirtualCare Group virtual care customer service line at 866.533.1827 to schedule an appointment. Costs for initial appointment is $215 and $100 for additional appointments. This service is provided to students with or without insurance.
Please visit OUConnect to learn more about what is occurring on campus and how to join a club or organization!
Student Government Association
Reminder that SGA is extending our body to include a DACAmented/Undocumented Student Representative, LGBTQIA+ Student Representative, International Student Representative, and a Commuter Student Representative.
To apply for these positions, please complete the application by October 1 at 5 p.m.! For any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to us via Instagram DMs, email, or discuss with any SGA Representative you see on campus! We look forward to seeing your applications!
I apologize that there was a misprint in the previous newsletter. Residence Life will be hosting their Latinx Heritage Month Bash on Wednesday, September 29 at 6 p.m. in the Residential Quad.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Do you have an interest in supporting your fellow Stormy Petrels to have an understanding of the University Conduct Code? The Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities will begin recruiting students to serve on our student conduct board as well as to serve as a student ambassador. Please stay tuned for more information!
New Student and Family Programs
We are excited to announce that Parent and Family Weekend will be returning this year the weekend of October 22-24. More information to come soon!
For information on other chapters and councils, please visit the Greek Life website page.
- Step-Up Bystander Intervention- Tuesday, September 28 at 7p.m.
- Wellness Wednesday- Wednesday, September 29 at 11:30 a.m.
- Global Education Coffee Hour- Friday, October 1 at 1 p.m.
- Financing Study Abroad 101- Tuesday, October 5 at 4 p.m.
Student Government Association
Come and cheer on the Stormy Petrels this week!
- Women’s Volleyball (vs. Rhodes) – Saturday, October 2 at 2 p.m.
- Women’s Volleyball (vs. Hendrix)- Sunday, October 3 at Noon
- View the full athletics schedule
Here are some additional updates from around the university.
The university continues to send out weekly updates regarding COVID-19. To review previous announcements or to review additional information, please visit the Oglethorpe University COVID-19 website.
- Please remember that face-coverings are required indoors on campus unless you are alone in your office or room, or while actively eating or drinking. Additional policies can be found in the COVID-19 Handbook, which has been updated for the Fall 2021 semester and was published last week at covid19.oglethorpe.edu. All members of the Oglethorpe community are expected to observe the policies and procedures outlined in the COVID-19 Handbook.
- Individuals can and should report COVID-19 violations, incidents or concerns anonymously through this form, which can also be found at covid19.oglethorpe.edu. For students, reports will be addressed through the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and may result in removal from campus. Reports pertaining to faculty and staff will be addressed through the appropriate human resource guidelines and may result in disciplinary action.